Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Three Recent Changes at The Dragon’s Cache


Eagle-eyed viewers may have noticed a few recent changes to this blog.  The first you will find in the top left-hand corner.  This is called a Google+ icon.  I haven’t yet joined Google+; it’s an aspect of Internet involvement (and running a blog) that I have yet to explore.  But if you use it, and you enjoy The Dragon's Cache, please recommend the site to your friends. 

The second recent change is the Follow By Email feature, located on the top right-hand corner of this blog.  Supposedly, if you type in your email address, you will find a copy of each new post in your inbox.  I know how busy we all are, and sometimes we just don’t have time to go out and check all the sites we want.  But most of us check our email each day.  Of course, if your inbox is always so full that you have trouble getting through it, you may not want to subscribe.  After all, reading my blog should be a treat: it should never be confused with work!

Finally, the third recent change is the Labels section, which is located in the left-hand column, below the About Me section.  At first I had no idea how to label my posts, and even now I’m not sure I label entries appropriately.  Setting this up took awhile, as I discovered I had created in excess of 1300 labels!  I’ve whittled the list down to a little over a hundred.  Hopefully, these are topics that you care about.  If you would like to read more about a particular author, subject, TV show, movie, or even a fictional character, you may find it in the list.  Then you can click the label, the current posts will disappear, and in their place you’ll find the entries featuring that particular label.  If, on the other hand, you would like to find a previous entry on a subject, person, or story not listed as a label, you can still use the Search This Blog feature, located on the right-hand side, below the Translate feature and above the Pages list. 

As always, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts on all these changes, and the way I’ve integrated them into The Dragon’s Cache.  So if you like something, you would like to see a few more labels, or you find navigating the site (or using a particular feature) confusing, please leave a comment in the space below, or click on my picture or my name in the About Me section (on the top left-hand side).  That will take you to the About Me page, where you can click the Email link, which should open your email program.  Then you can send me your thoughts and concerns, tell me how much this blog has meant to you, how it has radically changed your life for the better, or share with me your hopes and dreams for yourself, your family, and mankind. 

Or, you could just tell me that you enjoy reading The Dragon’s Cache, that everything I’ve written and done is wonderful, and leave it at that.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment