Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Sunday, May 5, 2024

My Visit With Ryan Cady


 

Free Comic Book Day provides an annual incentive to visit comic shops.

 

Knowhere Games & Comics is too far away to visit regularly. But every year, the shop holds a signing on Free Comic Book Day. This year, Ryan Cady was one of their guests. In addition to writing upcoming stories for Valiant Comics, he penned several that I read recently. All proved memorable. Given more time, I would have reviewed all of them.

 


 

I appreciated how Ryan Cady thoughtfully considered my questions. He also thanked me for my review of Destiny Gate #1. Unlike the short story he contributed to the Alien franchise and his original comic series Haunt You To The End, Ryan adapted the video game's story into a comic book retelling. Even though I didn't understand the logic underlying that first issue, his explanation made me want to revisit the series.

 


 

After talking with him, I also want to take another look at his original series, Haunt You To The End. I started a review for issue #1 last year while on vacation but never completed it. If you like futuristic science fiction stories, check it out!

 


 

Thanks to Knowhere Games & Comics for hosting such a fun Free Comic Book Day celebration and to Ryan Cady for being such a great guest!

 

Related Links:

 


 

My review of Destiny Gate #1

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow that’s great that you got to meet Ryan Cady and ask him about his insight for the story of Haunt You Til the End 👍 he also look like a cool and down to earth person too 😎 Also hope you scored a lot of free comics! 🙌 💯 thanks for sharing your trip to this great looking comic store ✅ one day I hope to be able to go there and check it out 🤩

    ReplyDelete