Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Prince Albert’s Message for Friday


Prince Albert watches in silence,
Contemplation all day long, 
Yet he, like us,
Is never truly alone.


What Endures

Last weekend I was able to start work on a blog entry about the Royal Albert Hall, my favorite music group, and the Daleks, which I’ll finish up and share with you this weekend.  As for last Sunday…phew!  Due to Church, the long drive home, and the stops along the way, I didn’t get any writing done.  Normally I fear breaking off for even a day.  Might the exhaustion linger, and defy my efforts to catch up with last week's trains of thought?

Monday morning, given my exhausted state, I considered breaking my vow to blog everyday if I possibly could.  I had no real plans for what to say.  Yet from my fatigued mind sprouted a three-pronged blog entry, which has served as the foundation for this week’s series.  I usually regard planning as essential in any endeavor.  It's nice to know that innovation can occur when you least expect it.  I’ve been relatively pleased with this series of musings, and I hope you’ve enjoyed them too.  If not, don’t worry: something approaching regular service will resume tomorrow.  



Today’s portion of the inscription on the Royal Albert Hall reads:

The site was purchased with the proceeds of the Great Exhibition of the year MDCCCLI. The first stone of the Hall was laid by Her Majesty Queen Victoria on the twentieth day of May MDCCCLXVII and it was opened by Her Majesty the Twenty Ninth of March in the year MDCCCLXXI.

Foresight and planning
Laying a secure foundation
A structure that has endured.

How have the plans for your life matured to this point?  Did you lay the proper foundation?  Is what you have built capable of withstanding changes, and even profiting by them?

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment