Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Monday, June 4, 2012

Meeting Your Food Before You Eat It


Poor Perky!


Perky always looked on the bright side,
Still he knew he’d end up in a pie.
When the man with the knife came to take him away
He did his best not to cry.

One day he’s a contented soul,
Enjoying life in his sty.
But the next day…oh Perky!
I wish you hadn’t had to die.  

"Hmm...what to choose?"

Ah, Southern California, where I was born and raised.  
People drive on the right side of the road. 
I rarely need an umbrella. 
I can get by without a single coin in my pocket,
And I never meet my meat on the street.

Ah, England, the setting for so many great stories,
From novels, to TV, to films. 
Butchers and bakers and candlestick makers still operate their own shops.
They may speak the same language, but it’s an entirely different approach to life.
So many vacations I’ve tucked myself away somewhere quiet and serene,
Somewhere I could detoxify my system and recharge. 
Here, faced with all that is different, it’s impossible to relax.
My sensibilities are always being tested. 
My preconceptions are constantly challenged. 

I’m eating different things.
I’m doing things in a different way from normal.
And, to quote Maxwell Smart, I’m loving it.

Thanks for accepting something different today,
Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment