Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Radiant Arbor of Libbey Bowl




Something else that caught my eye that day in Ojai was this arbor.  I’ve often thought of making one, and if I ever do, I’ll probably make mine out of wood, as that’s the material I’m most experienced with.  An arbor helps separate two areas, but it also invites people to enter.  I’ve seen lots of different types of arbors over the years, but I can’t think of any I’ve liked as much as this. 

The arbor that stands before Libbey Bowl reminds me of the sun.  Its light and warmth shine down upon our planet, allow us to live here.  I often miss the sun during the winter.  It’s not just that that the days are shorter.  It’s also that the sun seems less strong and vital then.  When it’s not hiding behind clouds, it still seems unable to properly warm our planet.  (Or at least my little patch of it).  Perhaps the arbor also symbolizes the music played in the bowl, and the sounds that travel outward for others to hear.  I wish I knew who built it, and what inspired them to fashion it in this unique shape.  Its design complements the shape of the outdoor concert venue, while proudly welcoming visitors into Libbey Bowl.  Anyway, it’s just something else that I saw that day in Ojai, and I liked it so much that, like author Kevin J. Anderson, I thought I’d use my blog as an excuse to share these photographs with you.


In the immortal words of Han Solo, please don’t everyone thank me at once.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment