Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Ten Reasons To Smile


I may not have published any stories yet, but I've got ten reasons to smile.

1. I've got the best wife in the world.
2. My family loves me.
3. I've stuck with my diet and exercise program, and kept my newer, slimmer physique.
4. I've read sixty-eight books this year, aided in no small part by discovering a new love for graphic novels.
5. I've traveled three times this year, and am preparing for another trip.
6. I've started practicing the piano, and am still enjoying playing, and learning new pieces.
7. I've also started drawing this year, and I'm reasonably pleased with my efforts.
8. I've rediscovered my love of Robert E. Howard's characters, such as Conan and Red Sonja.
9. I've been doing this blog for over two years now, and believe it or not, I'm still enjoying it.
10. It's Monday, and I get to do something I love today: Write!

After making this list, I noticed that most of the reasons I came up with involved me doing something.  Perhaps this speaks to the source of true contentment, that joy derives less from what we have than what we do.  In any case, I've come up with my ten reasons to smile today. What are yours?  Can you list them?

I bet if you try, you can think of ten.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment