Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Monday, November 18, 2013

The Cows of Seven Sisters

As an aspiring author, I always try to exist in the moment.  To quiet my thoughts, and take in my surroundings.  When I'm able to do so, I often sense and hear things that otherwise would have escaped me.  

Such proved the case during our adventure at Seven Sisters.  We came across a herd in a meadow, and to our surprise, the cows seemed as interested in us as we were in them.  We enjoyed spending a few minutes of our day with them, and getting a sense of what they wished to communicate to us.  

"Excuse me, I'm afraid I've lost my hair brush.  
Can I borrow yours?"

"Agnes, look at the nice man with the camera.
Go on, he won't hurt you.
Show him your smile."

"I don't suppose you brought a Snickerdoodle along with you?
Or a custard tart?

While I prefer homemade, 
I also like the packaged treats they sell as Morrison's."

"Okay, go on, say it.  I'm used to it.  I know I'm brown.
I just wish I knew what the 'How now' part means."

What can I say?  I'm not sure why they really spoke to us, but I'm glad they did.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment