Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Inspired By Agatha Christie's Mysterious Affair At Styles

A couple days ago, my wife and I took her car into the dealership to get serviced. The showroom has comfortable upholstered chairs, great ambient lighting, and the staff occasionally bake up cookies for waiting customers. So while taking the occasional bite from a hot chocolate chip cookie, I took out my writing pad.

I haven't decided whether or not to start a blog devoted just to Agatha Christie. But as we're planning on visiting her hometown of Torquay during this year's visit to England, I've read three of her novels, as well as a book about her life. This drawing is based on my recollection of The Mysterious Affair at Styles, her first novel based on Belgian super sleuth Hercule Poirot. 


Afterward, my wife and I dug out our DVD and watched the dramatization of Agatha Christie's story. The viewing gave me some ideas on how to finish off my sketch. Depending on what I decide to do with my Agatha Christie posts, I suppose I'll post the finished version (somewhere) for you to see.

Sometimes a sketch doesn't live up to my preconceptions. I hope I like this one when it's done.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment