Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

A View of Weycroft


In the English country of Somerset, there's a beautiful village called Weycroft, near the town of Axminster. There we found a cozy room for the night, in the Weycroft Mill House Bed & Breakfast. 



After taking out time for a rest, and a relaxing cup of tea, I looked out the window.



Others found the view as pleasant as I did.



While other visitors arrived, checked-in, then headed off to nearby restaurants for dinner, I sat down by the window and sketched. We paused for a picnic dinner outside, then we headed back upstairs and I got back to my sketching. 

In the morning, I squeezed in a little sketching before breakfast, then headed down to enjoy the Goose Egg & Cheese omelets we had ordered the evening before. Then, as it was raining, we decided to stay a little longer before we set out on our next adventure. This allowed me even more time to work on my drawing.

As England sits at a higher latitude than San Diego, this makes it a great place for sketching. Or at least during summer, when it gets light before six a.m., and is still light after nine p.m. I imagine Alaska or Iceland would be even better places to sketch during the summer, as they sit even higher up on the globe, but we might have more trouble sleeping there, if it's light twenty-four hours a day.




Anyway, I'm so grateful for those long, English summer days. 

Dragon Dave

Related Internet Links
Weycroft Mill House at Booking.com

No comments:

Post a Comment