Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Friday, July 8, 2016

On Indulgences: Part 2

Recently, my mother and a friend treated us to dinner in the recently remodeled Chicken Dinner Restaurant at Knott's Berry Farm. The meal, which my wife and I split, started with salad (we largely skipped the dressing), and rhubarb in a cherry sauce.



For a vegetable, we chose the steamed cabbage, the lowest calorie option. Along with this, we also helped ourselves to a plate of biscuits, along with butter and boysenberry jam.



(Oh, they also brought us a side of garlic butter. We didn't touch that).



For our main course, we chose the grilled chicken breast, and the mashed potatoes and gravy. Then, to finish off the meal, we requested a slice of boysenberry pie.

Oops! Too slow!
The food was great, and given the options, I think my wife and I made the sensible choices. Afterward, we walked around Knott's Berry Farm, I felt no desire to ride anything else, or even do anything. We had pleasant memories of our dinner in the Chicken Dinner Restaurant. But man, did I feel stuffed.

Did I mention that we split the meal!?!

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment