Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Stan Lee Returns This Weekend: Part 1

Last year's Stan Lee's Comikaze gave me greater insight into aspects of fandom I had formerly been ignorant of.  It demonstrated how powerfully different aspects of Fiction spoke to people's lives.  And, perhaps most importantly, it renewed my love of comic books. Now how and where I'm going to store my growing comic book collection is a question I must address.  

If you're a new reader to this blog, or simply wish to reacquaint yourself with a particular aspect of fandom, the following links will give you an idea of what surprised, intrigued, and delighted me at last year's Comikaze.  Sadly, I won't be able to attend this year's event, but if you live in Southern California, head over to the Los Angeles Convention Center this weekend.  Some guests I'd have loved to have seen include humorous songmeister Weird Al Yankovic, Star Trek's Levar Burton, The Incredible Hulk-like Lou Ferrigno, and lots of comic book authors and artists.  I don't know about you, but this year's event sounds like the triumphant return of Stan Lee's Comikaze!



Everyone Wants to See Stan Lee



Cosplay at Stan Lee's Comikaze



My Meeting with Oscar Goldman



I Want My Own R2-D2



More Than Just a Diorama


For more on this weekend's convention, check out their website: http://comikazeexpo.com, and be prepared to have a ton of fun!  

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment