Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Another Year, Another Dalek


I woke up on Christmas Day to find a surprise in my stocking.  A brand new Dalek!


My wife fashioned him from a new variety of Dalekanium-based yarn, one highly resistant to corrosion.  Thus, we dubbed him "Rusty."


All too soon, Rusty made himself at home, playing with my new Spider-Man dartboard, and even finding his way onto the Christmas tree.  

Apparently, my wife made Rusty while we were watching TV in the evening, which shows how observant I am when caught in the grip of a compelling story.  But then, I suppose there's all sorts of wonderful things going on around us all the time--people and things we fail to notice--because we're so caught up in what we're doing.  

Welcome to our home, Rusty, and best wishes to all of you out there for a happy and healthy 2014.

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment