Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Daleks Love Nachos

Recently, Pocket and Denim offered to make us nachos.  I wasn't sure they were up to the challenge, but Pocket assured us they knew our preferences, and my wife was touched by their offer, so I told them to go ahead.

Denim: Now, they each want an ounce of chips, right?
Pocket: Uh, it might help if you got off the plate.
Denim: Right.  I think I can handle the chips, boss.
Pocket: All right, I'll start on the lettuce, you hit the beans next.


Denim: Workin' the beans,
workin' the beans,
Daleks come rejoicin',
workin' the beans..."


Pocket: Phew!  Washing and drying the lettuce takes longer than I thought.


Denim: How you doing, boss?  The beans are hot, and the hot pads are cool!
Pocket: Oh good, you can help me chop the lettuce.
Denim: Oh...joy.


Pocket: No, they like their lettuce chopped smaller than that.
Denim: I thought you said chopped, not Exterminated?
Pocket: They don't want the large pieces of lettuce to fall off their chips.
Less lip, mister, and more chopping!


Pocket: Oh good, you remembered Master likes his cheese
microwaved on the chips before spreading the beans.
Denim: Don't you have more lettuce to chop?


Denim: I like how you made Master's sour cream and salsa resemble a flower.
Pocket: You won't tell the others about that, will you?
Denim: Your secret is safe with me, boss.


Pocket: I think that's everything.
Denim: You think they'd mind if we had a taste.
Pocket: We'd better not.  Nachos can be addictive.
One taste, and....



"Hey, how's it going in there, you two?"


Denim: Wow, you weren't kidding!
Pocket: Quick, grab the chips and the scale.  Hurry!

By the time Pocket and Denim brought out our plates, my wife and I were ravenous.  But they made our nachos just the way we like them, so I shouldn't complain.  The only strange thing is that I thought I had another head of lettuce in the fridge.  And...my bag of chips is nearly empty?  Pocket, Denim!  Can you come here for a moment?

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment