Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Dalek Gardener in Black & White


The other day, I waited at the dealership for my car to be serviced. After reading my magazine, I wrote a scene for my novel. Then, as they were busy that day, I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing.

I had no preconceived notions of what to draw. I considered finishing up a drawing I'd started earlier. But then I got an idea. By the time my car was ready, I had done two sketches.

I haven't sketched a lot this year, and felt a little ashamed when the service attendant tapped me on the shoulder and told me my car was ready. But then his eyes widened, and he said, "I wish I could draw." He didn't seem to know about Daleks, or Doctor Who (You know, anything that really matters), but his expression and tone suggested respect.

Odd isn't it, that others might wish for an ability I think so little of, and take so little time to perfect?

Dragon Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment