Cookie Warning

Warning: This blog may contain cookies. Just as cookies fresh out of the oven may burn your mouth, electronic cookies can harm your computer. Visit all kitchens and blogs (yes, including this one) with care.

Saturday, June 22, 2013

House Hunters: Backyard Edition


A Guest Blog by Dragon Dave's Wife

The other day I noticed some visitors I had not seen since last spring.  They seemed to be checking out the banana plants in our back yard.  

"What do you think of the location?"

"There's definitely some nice shade here.
We should inspect the foundation, though."

I didn't notice the couple again before we went on vacation, and so, for the most part, I forgot about them, thinking that they had merely passed through our neighborhood as in previous years.

Upon returning from Texas I noticed that the bananas were getting a little ragged.  When I considered pruning the yellowing and broken leaves, I noticed a piece of dried grass hanging from a leaf.  After a closer look, I realized that our visitors had decided to stay and enjoy our yard.  

Needless to say, pruning the bananas has been put on hold.

With the location decided,
construction is underway.

Two days later: the nest is complete.
(Furnishings included)

 

Now we must wait and see if the happy couple's new house will be big enough for their growing family.


Or will the neighbors drive them away?

Dragon Dave's Wife

Related Internet Links 

No comments:

Post a Comment